In-Person CREF Registration
Your CREF in-person conference registration includes the following:
- Conference materials
- Registration for hands-on workshops
- Continental breakfast each day
- No-host Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall Wednesday evening
- Lunch in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks each day
- Admission to all industry-hosted events
- A 5K/10K Fun-Run on Sunday morning
CME and CEU Credit Procedures
All registered attendees will receive CME or CEU credit, or both, equal to the number of hours they attend. To obtain continuing-education credit, in-person attendees must (1) show photo identification when they check in at the registration desk and (2) sign in once each day.
To receive the latest news about the 2021 CREF meeting in beautiful downtown San Diego, California, including information about CREF conference registration, program, exhibits, or extracurricular meeting activities, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn, or sign up for our newsletter.
If you have questions about your CREF registration, contact us by phone or email. We would be happy to help!
CREF Registration Fees
CREF Registration & COVID Policies
We all want to have a safe, successful return to in-person meetings. In light of the recent increase in COVID-19 infection rates and hospitalizations among unvaccinated individuals, and in an effort to promote the highest possible level of safety, CREF requires the following of all participants (attendees, guests, vendors, and support staff) of the 40th Anniversary Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium:
- Provide verification of COVID vaccination at check-in
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times in public areas, except when eating or drinking
- Follow social-distancing guidelines, including maintaining an appropriate distance and avoiding hand-shakes, hugs, high-fives, etc.
- If symptoms emerge, refrain from interacting with others, and notify the hotel and CREF staff immediately
Any attendee who must cancel a conference registration because of ill health after the cutoff date of September 1, 2021, will receive a full refund of registration fees in the form of a credit for the following year's meeting.
CREF reserves the right to modify these requirements as needed.
How to Verify COVID-19 Vaccination Status
As part of the event check-in process, CREF will confirm that each participant has been fully vaccinated. Please plan to bring a photo ID and at least one of the following forms of verification:
- State/city digital vaccination pass (e.g., the New York Excelsior pass)
- A photo of your CDC vaccination card
- Your original CDC vaccination card
- International attendees may bring a photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a COVID-19 vaccine administered outside the U.S., including Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD, Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.
NOTE: you may use only one discount per registration, and discounts may not be combined.
If three or more colleagues from the same hospital or medical center register together, each will receive a 10% registration discount to attend CREF 2021.
Guest registration is available only for an individual who accompanies a full-conference attendee with a legitimate professional interest in the course content. The guest's registration fee is applied to that person's food or beverage costs, permitting him or her to attend CREF-sponsored social functions, meals, or coffee breaks.
- Participation in medical education designed for healthcare professionals (HCPs)
- Certification of continuing-education credit (CME or CEU)
- Attendance at industry-sponsored gatherings
Conference registration refunds for the 40th Anniversary Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium will be given only if written (emailed) notice is received by September 1, 2021.
No refunds will be given after September 1, 2021.
When you register for CREF 2021, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed with respect to your conference registration.
The Cardiothoracic Research & Education Forum ("CREF") is not responsible for airfare, hotel, or other costs incurred by participants in the event of program or registration cancellation.
In the event that the 40th Anniversary Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium is abbreviated or canceled because of circumstances beyond the control of CREF, including, but not limited to, civil disturbance, earthquake, electrical outage, explosion, fire, freight embargo, strike or labor unrest, flood, hurricane, tornado, or other acts of God, an act of war, terrorism, or the act of any government (de facto or de jure), or any government agency or official, CREF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to unilaterally terminate the conference. In these circumstances, the registrant expressly agrees to waive any claim that he, she, or it may have against CREF for damages or compensation, including, but not limited to, fees for housing, airfare, and/or incidental charges.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For special requests, please contact CREF by August 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about your CREF conference registration, contact us today!