This Perfusion Week 2021, CREF is excited to honor perfusionists around the world who have played a vital role on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing extracorporeal support to some of the most critically ill patients. This Perfusion Week 2021, we honor all perfusionists, who serve as a critical part of any successful cardiovascular surgical team. We tip our hats to you and offer our sincere gratitude for your dedication to saving lives and helping people live and love longer.
CREF & COVID: What You Should Know
Steps We're Taking for a Safe and Successful 40th Anniversary Meeting
We all want to have a safe, successful return to in-person meetings. To that end, CREF will require all participants (attendees, vendors, and staff) of the 40th Anniversary Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium to agree to the following:
- Provide HIPAA-compliant verification of COVID vaccination or negative COVID test
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times in public areas, except when eating or drinking
- Follow social-distancing guidelines, including maintaining an appropriate distance and avoiding hand-shakes, hugs, high-fives, etc.
- Participate in daily temperature checks, if required
- If symptoms emerge, refrain from interacting with others, and notify the hotel and CREF staff immediately
Any attendee who must cancel a conference registration
because of ill health after the cutoff date of September 1, 2021, will receive a full refund of registration fees in the form of a credit for the following year's meeting.
CREF may modify these requirements as needed in the coming months.
The Marriott & COVID: What to Expect
How Our Hotel Is Planning for Safe Gatherings
The four-star Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, the official CREF 2021 hotel, is also working diligently to ensure the safety and success of CREF and all of the events it will be hosting later this year:
- The Marriott has implemented new protocols and elevated practices to maintain high standards of cleanliness and fulfill their commitment to providing excellent service. You can read all about their efforts here: Marriott & COVID: What to Expect
- Additionally, Marriott employees are temperature checked upon arrival at work and are required to wear masks at all times throughout the property.
Perfusion Week 2021 is a great time to start planning for your first in-person event, and there's no time like the present to book your room. Remember that our discounted room rate of $239 per night, single or double (no resort fee) ends Wednesday, September 1, 2021. That rate is valid two days before and after the event, based on availability. Book your room today!
Perfusion Student Scholarship Deadline
Remember to Apply by June 11!
Perfusion Week 2021 is a great time to start planning your application for the Swain Perfusion Student Scholarship
. All current perfusion students or recent graduates (2019 – 2021) are eligible to apply.
The Swain Scholarship includes free conference registration, four nights in the conference hotel, a $500 travel stipend, and a speaking opportunity in the general session.
If you or someone you know would like to apply, remember to do so by June 11, 2021. Email us
a description of your research and a recommendation letter from your director.