Available to Current Students & Recent Graduates
Perfusion scholarships to attend CREF 2018, the 38th Annual Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium, are available to all active perfusion students and recent graduates. Directors from US perfusion training institutions can reward their top students by nominating them to receive a scholarship to attend CREF.
Two types of perfusion scholarships are available:
- The top recipient will receive free CREF meeting registration, four nights in the conference hotel, a $500 travel stipend, and a 10-minute speaking opportunity at the conference.
- Additional applicants will receive free meeting registration.
In addition to learning about CREF's superb scientific content, scholars will meet industry representatives in the exhibit hall and in Product Theaters, experiencing the most advanced products available in their field.
Many of our perfusion scholarship winners have expressed enthusiasm about meeting other perfusionists from around the world at our Meet-and-Greet session just prior to the official conference kickoff. They also enjoy the intimate setting of CREF's fireside chats—small, focused, informative group discussions—which address topics related to cardiopulmonary bypass, cardiac surgery, and perfusion.
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2018.
How to Apply
Perfusion School Directors
Halle E. Swann BS, The University of Nebraska Medical Center – Recipient, CREF 2017 Top Perfusion Student
If you’re interested in nominating a current or former student, follow these simple steps:
- Email CREF the student’s name and contact information.
- Briefly describe the research he or she is currently doing or has completed in the field of perfusion.
- Highlight key reasons why the Selection Committee should reward your student a scholarship.
The recipient selected for the top award will present his or her research during the plenary session.
Perfusion Students or Recent Graduates
If you are a perfusion student or have graduated within the past year, you may also submit your own nomination. Just remember to include your full contact information, a description of your research, and a letter of recommendation from your director.
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2018. If you have questions, contact CREF today!