International Faculty Promote Quality Healthcare
Enhance your professional education by learning about the latest evidence-based practice recommendations from our 2019 faculty:
• Robert A. Baker PhD CCP(Aust) – Flinders Med Center
• Hilary P. Grocott MD – Univ of Manitoba; Duke Univ
• Serdar Gunaydin MD PhD – Ankara Numune
• Shahna L. Helmick CCP – Univ of Iowa
• Ashley B. Hodge MBA CCP FPP – Nationwide Children’s
• Robert S. Kramer MD FACS – Maine Medical Ctr
• C. David Mazer MD FRCPC – Univ of Toronto
• Richard F. Newland BSc CCP – Flinders Med Ctr
• Frank W. Sellke MD – Brown University
• Zachary M. Shinar MD – UC San Diego & USC
• Linda Shore-Lesserson MD – Montefiore Medical Center
• Alfred H. Stammers MSA CCP – SpecialtyCare, Inc.
The preliminary agenda will be available on our website soon. Follow us on social media to be the first to hear about our important announcements and special promotions!
Call for Abstract Presentations
Compete for the 20th Annual Utley Award
The CREF Program Committee invites you to submit an abstract for the 39th Annual Cardiothoracic Surgery Symposium.
The Utley Award includes free course registration, a commemorative sculpture, and an Apple Watch.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Blood Management
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Mechanical-Assist Devices
- Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS)
- Safety and Quality Improvement
- Neurological or Renal Protection
- Pre- or Post-Operative Surgery Protocols
- Team Building and Organizational Culture
The abstract deadline is September 1, 2019. For details, view our abstract guidelines.
Perfusion Student Scholarships
Scholars Enjoy VIP Status & Lasting Memories
CREF is accepting applications through June 1, 2019, for perfusion student scholarships to attend CREF 2019. Scholarships are available to all active perfusion students and recent graduates.
All nominees will compete for the Swain Scholarship, named in honor of former CREF Course Director Julie A. Swain MD. The Swain Scholarship rewards the top perfusion student or recent graduate with the following:
- Free conference registration
- Four nights in the conference hotel
- A $500 travel stipend
- A speaking opportunity in the general session
All additional scholarship applicants receive free meeting registration.
If you are a perfusion student / recent graduate or you know one who might be interested in applying, visit our website for scholarship application guidelines. The deadline to apply is June 1, 2019.
☘️ Lucky You!
Thanks for reading our newsletter. Click here to enter a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. Winner will be chosen March 22, 2019, and notified by email.